Network Security Engineer
- November 12, 2021
- Posted by: Kavita Parmar
Network Security Engineer
Cloud24x7 is hiring a Network Security Engineer to join our Global SOC team. Engineer work in a team environment to monitor the health and wellness of security devices on our partner’s client networks. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT Security Services providing support to our vast partner base amid an ever-changing technology landscape.
- Manage a fleet of solutions such as FortiGate, Sophos, Cisco, and WatchGuard including security operations, maintenance, and configuration
- Resolve client issues by taking the appropriate corrective action, or following the appropriate escalation procedures
- Provide Incident Response for IT Security Related incidents
- Update rules and use cases to ensure proactive protection of our customer’s IT environments
Ensure quality service delivery and professional service management is provided to our customer
Respond to inbound phone and email requests for technical assistance from customers
- Utilize ticketing system and standard operating procedures for effective call processing and escalation to adhere to client Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Perform all tasks required per shift including reporting, monitoring, and turnover
- Liaise with customers and external vendors as required
- Hands-on Fortigate/Watchguard firewall implementation and support expertise while working with USA, UK, and Australian customers
- Solid understanding of general security and networking principles and technologies such as:
- Security Infrastructure: Firewalls, VPN, IPS, Anti-Virus, Web Filtering, and Application control
- Networking Infrastructure: Switching, Routing, Load Balancing (SD-WAN), LAN, WAN
- Administrator level working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Workstation OS
- Strong understanding of technologies and protocols such as RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, FIREWALL, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES
- Hands-on experience analyzing or reviewing events from firewalls, IDS, HIPS, and Email and Web Gateway
- Agree to work on multivendor and multi-technology Cloud24x7 Private Limited C-809, The First, Behind Keshavbaug Party Plot, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad – 380015 INDIA Web: www.cloud24x7.us Email: [email protected]
- Advanced troubleshooting, root cause analysis experience, getting to the root cause, problem-solving
- Good understanding of ITIL process and hands-on incident change, and Problem management Functional knowledge of network troubleshooting and analysis tools, such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment managing critical security events Must have the ability to learn, grasp, and understand new technologies
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host security technologies and desire to continuously improve these skills
- Individual must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work within a high-performance team Effective tracking and task reporting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving & diagnostic skills
Desirable Criteria & Education:
- Knowledge and experience in Fortinet (NSE4 or above).
- Desirable certifications include Security+, CCNA, CCNP, or similar.
- Experience with International customers is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of Experience.